St. Martins is a village on the Bay of Fundy in southern New Brunswick, Canada, 40 kilometres east of Saint John. As of 2001 the population was 374.
The village was founded by Loyalists in 1783, and was originally known as Quaco. Through the 19th century, St. Martins was an important shipbuilding centre.
St. Martins was incorporated in 1967. The village uses its scenery and two covered bridges to attract tourists. It also forms the start of the Fundy Trail, a 10 kilometre auto route along the rugged Fundy coast ending at Big Salmon River, a fomer lumbering centre. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217444